Watchstone Group plc (WTG.L) today announces its results for the year ended 31 December 2020.
· £68.9m of cash returned to shareholders (2019: £nil)
· Total profit after tax £7.7m (2019: £30.9m)
· Group operating loss of £1.4m (2019: £3.6m)
· Group net assets of £17.1m representing approximately 37 pence per share (2019: 169 pence per share)
· Group cash and term deposits at 31 December 2020 of £16.7m (31 December 2019: £71.6m) not including amounts held in escrow of £1.9m (2019: £nil)
· Group cash and term deposits at 31 March 2021 of £15.3m not including amounts held in escrow of £1.8m
The Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2020 will be released by 31 May 2021 and posted (where applicable) to registered shareholders. Once published, the Annual Report and Accounts will be available at www.watchstonegroup.com/investors.
The 2021 Annual General Meeting ("AGM") will be held on 29 June 2021 in London. As announced on 23 April 2021, pursuant to AIM Rule 41, the Company intends to seek shareholder approval for the cancellation of trading of its Ordinary Shares on AIM at the AGM.
The Company's Circular relating to the proposed Cancellation of Admission of Ordinary Shares to trading on AIM and the Notice of the AGM will be published on the Company's website at https://www.watchstonegroup.com/investors/shareholder-information/.