Real Good Food plc is pleased to announce the following changes to its Board composition, as a part of the continuing process of making improvements to its governance regime:
- The Interim Non-Executive Chairman, Patrick Ridgwell, will retire from the Board, and Mike Holt, Independent Non-Executive director, will step up to the role of Non-Executive Chairman, relinquishing his role as Chair of the Audit Committee;
- Judith MacKenzie, Non-Executive Director, will be appointed as Chair of the Audit Committee, relinquishing her role as Chair of the Remuneration Committee;
- Steve Dawson, Non-Executive Director, will become Chair of the Remuneration Committee;
- Chris Thomas, Non-Executive Deputy Chairman will retire from the Board; and
- Anthony Ridgwell, the principal beneficiary of Napier Brown's holding in the Company, will join the Board as a Non-Executive Director.
All these changes will be effective immediately, save for Mr Thomas's retirement, which will take place not later than 31 July 2019.
The Board expresses its thanks to both the retiring directors who have served the Company for a combined period of over twenty-five years, and wishes them well in all their future endeavours. At the same time, the Board welcomes Anthony to the Board and looks forward to his contribution.
Hugh Cawley, Chief Executive, commented:
"Today's changes complete the reconstitution of RGF's Board which began two years ago. We now have in place an appropriate board structure with a better balance of executive, non-executive, and independent non-executive directors, in line with our commitment to improved corporate governance."