Petra Resource Doubled and Extended to Plutus Deposit
- New Petra Mineral Resource model more than doubles the previously reported resource to 9.1Mt @ 1.2% Cu and 14.1g/t Ag, with silver reported for the first time
- Copper grade at Petra increased by 9% and contained copper increased by 128%
- Total Mineral Resource tonnage at Boseto increased by 10% to 50.2 Mt @ 1.5% Cu and 17.8g/t Ag
- Petra Mineral Resource now connects directly to the Plutus Mineral Resource creating one continuous Mineral Resource extending for more than 10 kilometres on strike
- The combined Petra and Plutus Mineral Resources now contain 25.0Mt @ 1.5% Cu and 15.6 g/t Ag and remains open at depth and along strike to the south west for a further 13 kilometres
Discovery Metals’ Managing Director, Brad Sampson stated, “The Petra prospect has developed into a significant contributor to the total Mineral Resource base for the Boseto Copper Project“.
“The continuity of copper silver mineralisation over extensive strike lengths and the presence of high grade zones (greater than 2% Cu) within the mineralised areas has been demonstrated repeatedly at Boseto and Petra remains open and highly prospective for a substantial distance to the south west,” he added.