MXC Capital Limited (AIM: MXCP), the AIM quoted technology focused adviser and investor, announces results for the six months ended 28 February 2019.
- Strong balance sheet, net assets of £62.3 million as at 28 February 2019 (H1 2018: £63.2 million);
- Net asset value1 per share of 97 pence (H1 2018: 94 pence);
- Return to profit at a Trading EBITDA2 level of £0.2 million (H1 2018: loss £0.8 million);
- Net cash of £3.3 million (H1 2018: £5.1 million), no borrowings;
– Net cash of £23.5 million at 7 May 2019, following realisations post-period end
- Acquisition by Ravenscroft Limited of 25% of MXC Capital (UK) Limited, the Group’s trading business, for £2.25 million;
- Investments made during and post period end in relation to the joint venture with Liberty Global plc and the partnership with Ravenscroft Limited to advise the GIF Technology & Innovation Cell;
– Both of these relationships are now generating significant revenues for MXC
- Post period end disposal of investment in Tax Systems plc, generating a cash profit of £9.3 million and proceeds of £24.2 million;
- Loans advanced during the period of £7.3 million, including £4.3 million to IDE Group Holdings plc (“IDE”) with a further £3.7 million advanced post the period end in order to enable IDE to repay its bank debt; and
- Proposed reintroduction of capital return programme.
1 Represents net assets plus market value of shares held by the Employee Benefit Trust as at 28 February 2019
2 Trading EBITDA represents earnings from trading activities before interest payable, tax, depreciation, amortisation, non-recurring and exceptional items, share-based payments and movements in fair value of investments
Peter Rigg, Chairman, commented: “The results for the six months show good progress both with our investments and our partnerships. The period also saw us return to a profit at trading level. We remain confident of driving shareholder value both from our existing portfolio and partnerships and from new opportunities.”