Forte Energy is an emerging international uranium company focused on the exploration and development of a portfolio of uranium assets in the Republics of Mauritania and Guinea, West Africa.
Uranium Exploration – Mauritania
- Diamond core resource drilling program nearing completion at Bir En Nar Uranium Project after decision to drill additional holes.
- Maiden JORC resource for Bir En Nar expected to be completed in first quarter of 2010, subject to receipt of final assay results.
- Detailed radiometric airborne surveys being carried out over 9 areas within Forte Energy’s Mauritanian licences.
- Assay results received from trenching and grab samples from field exploration of calcrete-hosted uranium anomalies near the town of Bir Moghrein include 9,300ppm U3O8 from a trench at Anomaly 068.
- 6000m R/C drilling program around Bir Moghrein scheduled to commence February 2010, consisting of around 300 holes across 10 prospects.
- The Leg Beija radiometric anomaly has now been defined over an area 10km long and up to 500 metres wide. Sampling pits encountered hard calcrete with secondary uranium minerals down to more than 3 metres depth.
Uranium Exploration – Guinea
- Encouraging metallurgical test results from Firawa Project indicate potential for economic recovery from leaching, with further pre-feasibility optimisation studies currently underway.
Copper-Cobalt Projects - Australia
- Agreement for sale of 50% interest in Maroochydore JV Copper Project in Western Australia to Aditya Birla Minerals Ltd to raise $2M.