H1 2019 Trading Update
System sales up 10%. Like-for-likes returning positive from March. More sub-franchisees in place.
- 10% increase in System Sales H1 2019 on H1 2018
- 80% of delivery sales ordered online
- Like-for-likes building from March 2019:
- o 5% like-for-like growth in System Sales2 March-June 2019 on March-June 2018
- o 6% like-for-like growth in order count3 March-June 2019 on March-June 2018
- o -1% like-for-like growth in System Sales January-June 2019 on January-June 2018
- 3 corporate stores acquired/agreed to be acquired by 2 new sub-franchisees on 1st July 2019:
- o DP Poland has currently 10 sub-franchisees across Poland
- 3 corporate stores taken under management contract by 1 existing sub-franchisee
- 67 stores in 28 towns and cities to-date
- 4 new stores opened in H1 2019
Nick Donaldson, non-executive Chairman of DP Poland, said:
“The first half of 2019 has seen momentum return to like-for-like performance following the strong comparatives driven by TV advertising in January and February 2018. Like-for-like order count has grown 6% since March. Total System Sales grew 10% in the first half as a result of like-for-like performance and new store openings. Our efforts in sub-franchisee recruitment are bearing fruit with 2 additional sub-franchisees acquiring/agreeing to acquire 3 corporate stores between them this month We have also entered into 3 more management contracts with 1 of our existing sub-franchisees.”
We intend to announce our interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2019 on 24 September 2019.