Discovery Metals Limited (DME) – Copper Mineralisation at Petra now exceeds a strike length of 14 km
Copper Mineralisation at Petra now exceeds a strike length of 14 km
- Petra Prospect strike length increased by a factor of more than ten (now 14.7 kilometres ; was 1.4 kilometres) based on new information via drilling, regional geochemistry and mapping
- Drilling – results for 39 new drill holes in Petra and the gap between Plutus and Petra have been received
- Drilling – two recently drilled step-out exploration diamond holes located 1.7 and 3.4 kilometres along strike to the south-west of the existing Petra Prospect intersected copper mineralisation over widths exceeding 10 metres
- Geochemistry – regional Exploration along strike from Petra has identified copper anomalism in soils extending 13.3 kilometres south-west of the current limit of the Petra resource
- Mapping – well developed copper oxide mineralisation has been located near surface in a trench approximately 12.5 kilometres to the south-west of the Petra resource
- The combined strike length of the Petra and Plutus Prospects now exceeds 24 strike kilometres
- The 20.4 Mt @ 1.5% Cu of the combined Petra and Plutus Mineral Resources occurs over 9 kilometres of the known 24 strike kilometres of mineralisation.
Petra Drill Results
Discovery Metals Limited announces the assay results of the latest 39 infill drill holes from the Petra Prospect at the Company’s 100% owned Boseto Copper Project
The Petra Prospect is currently the smallest deposit at the Boseto Copper project with an Inferred Mineral Resource of 4.5 Mt @ 1.1% Cu at a cut off grade of 0.6% Cu. This mineral resource estimate is based on a Petra strike length of approximately 1.4 kilometres.
Discovery Metals’ Managing Director, Brad Sampson stated, “We are demonstrating an ability to generate more mineral resources over longer strike lengths, economically and quickly through exploration at Boseto. Any new mineral resources potentially allows the mining of areas with copper grades substantially higher than the average of the total mineral resource. “
“As we progress to the commencement of mining there is significant value in having access to low strip ratio high grade feed for the concentrator in the early years of the operation,” he added.