AFH, a leading financial planning led wealth management firm, is pleased to announce its results for the six months ended 30 April 2019.
- Revenues up 61% to £36.6 million (H1 2018: £22.7 million)
- Underlying* EBITDA up 74% to £7.7million (H1 2018: £4.4 million)
- Underlying* EBITDA margin increased to 21.0% (H1 2018: 19.5%)
- Profit after tax up 80% to £4.5 million (H1 2018: £2.5 million)
- Statutory Earnings per share up 56% to 10.71 pence (H1 2018: 6.85 pence)
- Underlying* Earnings per share up 49% to 14.87 pence (H1 2018: 9.98 pence)
- Funds under Management of £5.4bn, up 68% (H1 2018: £3.2bn)
*Underlying excludes amortisation of intangible assets arising on business combinations and the non-cash charge/credit for share based payment costs.
- Solid foundations in place to deliver on strategy to become number one financial planning-led wealth manager in the UK
- Increasing organic demand for financial planning led wealth management services
- Well positioned to continue to take advantage of ongoing IFA market consolidation supported by regulatory dynamics
- Strong pipeline of future acquisitions with a number of opportunities in due diligence and contract negotiations
- Proven acquisition and integration methodology
- Three to five-year aspirational targets re-confirmed - Funds under Management of £10 billion; revenues per annum of £140 million; and Underlying EBITDA margin of 25% on revenue
Alan Hudson, Group Chief Executive, commented:
"I am pleased to report another set of strong results for the first half of 2019 demonstrating our progress as we continue to build ourselves into the leading financial planning-led wealth manager in the UK. Despite turbulence in the equity markets and subdued investor confidence over the period, we have delivered increased revenues, reporting 61% growth from the previous period to £36.6 million and improved trading margins demonstrated by our underlying EBITDA* margin increasing to 21.0%.
"Our growth continues to be generated organically from new and existing clients together with the benefits of the four acquisitions made in the first half of FY 2019 as well as those acquisitions made towards the end of 2018. Our protection business, which is not aligned to the stock markets, continued the strong growth reported in 2018.
"Following the Company's success in meeting its strategic and financial aspirations set out in January 2017, the Board set new aspirational targets in January 2019 to be achieved within a three to five-year period.
"The overarching strategy of the Company continues to be to generate long term value for shareholders by driving revenue growth and margin expansion while providing exceptional value and service to our clients, using our increasing size to drive down platform and fund management charges aligned to an appropriate risk-based investment model.
"On the basis of our results and the opportunities identified, we look forward to continuing to deliver continued profitable growth in the second half of 2019 and beyond."