Mporium Group plc (AIM:MPM), the technology firm delivering event-driven marketing, today announces results for the twelve months to 31 December 2017.
- Group revenue increased to £2.0m (FY 2016: £1.8m)
- The development of the IMPACT product was accelerated, delivering increased levels of functional sophistication and performance
- A number of high profile commercial agreements were signed with agencies over the year:
- Essence, a market-leading global digital agency that is majority owned by WPP
- the7stars, the UK's largest independent media agency
- Total Media, the market-leading behavioural planning agency
- One of the world's largest and most prestigious performance marketing agencies
- A commercial agreement was signed with GroupM providing access to the IMPACT technology across the GroupM agencies
- A number of commercial agreements were also signed directly with brands, including a listed online female fashion eCommerce company
- The Board was strengthened with the appointment of Barry Moat as Executive Chairman and Nelius De Groot at Chief Executive Officer
- Successful placing of £3.0m in March 2017, and a raise of £3.1m in December 2017
Post period highlights
- Nicholas Bertolotti was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of the Company on 23 February 2018
- Glyn Shadwell was appointed as Chief Operating Officer on 13 March 2018
Mporium's Chief Executive, Nelius De Groot, said:
"2017 has been an important year for the Group in regards to market penetration, and we are very pleased to have signed commercial agreements with GroupM, with several of the world's largest independent advertising agencies and with brands directly. We have also focused on strengthening the senior management team, with the Group benefitting from the addition of Nick Bertolotti to the Board and Glyn Shadwell to the senior management team as COO.
"The momentum generated by the business, as well as IMPACT's improved functionality, has provided a strong basis for growth in 2018. The Board is confident that the growth of the digital advertising market, alongside a number of incoming business and regulatory factors, will drive forward the monetisation of Mporium's technology over the period ahead."