Monday 12th of September 2016
Christie Group plc Interim Results
By Aim Listing
Christie Group plc, the leading provider of Professional Business Services and Stock & Inventory Systems & Services to the leisure, retail and care markets, is pleased to announce its Interim Results for the six months ended 30 June 2016.
- Revenue for the first half marginally lower than prior year at £31.6m (2015: £31.7m)
- Operating loss of £0.9m (2015: operating profit of £1.7m)
- Negative earnings per share of 4.95p per share (2015: 4.18p per share)
- Board expects a stronger and profitable second half
- Interim dividend maintained at 1.0p per share (2015: 1.0p per share)
- ·UK transactional pipelines at end of first half up 19% on H1 2015
- Strong European Hotel transaction activity
- Christie Finance's pipeline of loan transactions has grown by almost 50% on a year ago, while the average loan value arranged for clients has increased by 9%
- Impact of living wage on UK retail stocktaking operations offset by successful fee negotiations
- Christie & Co recognised as a "Superbrand" within the real estate sector
Commenting on the results, David Rugg, Chief Executive of Christie Group, said:
"After a difficult first half in the run up to the EU referendum, progress has resumed. We have stepped up the margin in our stocktaking division and are seeing increased activity in our transactional business. We look forward to a stronger finish to the year."
Christie Group plc, quoted on AIM, is a leading professional business services group with 46 offices across the UK, Europe and Canada, catering to its specialist markets in the leisure, retail and care sectors.
Christie Group operates in two complementary business divisions: Professional Business Services (PBS) and Stock & Inventory Systems & Services (SISS). These divisions trade under the brand names: PBS - Christie & Co, Pinders, Christie Finance and Christie Insurance: SISS - Orridge, Venners and Vennersys.
Tracing its origins back to 1846, the Group has a long established reputation for offering essential services to client companies in agency, valuation services, investment, consultancy, project management, multi-functional trading systems and online ticketing services, stock audit and inventory management. The diversity of these services provides a natural balance to the Group's core agency business.
Further details about CHRISTIE GRP. click here